The Government Institute Of Science, Aurangabad, Maharashtra (India)
- The Institute was established on 14th August 1974.The only Post Graduate and Research Institute in Marathwada region of Maharashtra.
- The Institute is located at the foothills of Satpuda Mountain Range and the famous Aurangabad Caves of the World famous Caves of Ajanta – Ellora era. It is sprawled over an area of 25 acres in the pollution free environment. The backdrop of Bibi-ka-Maqbara [replica of Taj Mahal ] gives the picturesque surroundings, providing a refreshing ambience stimulating the intellectual perspective, creativity and desire for teaching and learning activities
- It is a Government Funded and Recognized Institute and affiliated to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad and managed by Government of Maharashtra through Director of Higher Education, Pune.
- Institute is imparting training in subjects viz.
– Botany (with specialization in Applied Mycology, Medicinal Botany & Pharmacognosy)
- The curricula is designed keeping in view of producing work force / human resource to cater to the local needs of various industries.
- The Institute is recognized by UGC Under 2f (5 th Jan, 1980) and 12B (3 rd Sep, 1985)
- The sole crux of starting this Institute was to provide higher education to students belonging to this under privileged region of Maharashtra.
- Institute is also a pioneer in introducing M.Sc. Biophysics, Geology, Microbiology and Biotechnology and M.Sc. Botany with specialization in Medicinal Plant , Ethno botany, Pharmacognosy and Applied Mycology in Marathwada region.